Friday 30 March 2012

Thursday 29 March 2012 - Day 7 to Fitness

Well today is a day off from the gym. I had planned to go for a long walk with the dog with some weight on my back, but that didn't work out because of all the problems at the petrol station, I'll explain;

I finished work at 10am this morning and left at about 10:45 after having a catch up with someone I hadn't seen for a while. I was already low on petrol when the government, in their infinite wisdom, decided to tell people to stock up on fuel. So I went to a couple of petrol stations on the way home and after queuing up for fuel for 20 mins, they ran out. Was a little angry at this point because 1. I only just had enough fuel to drive the 50 miles home, so if I hit any traffic I could end up running out, 2. there is NO strike planned yet by the fuel lorry drivers. All this panic is because people are just listening to their friends and hearsay and not looking into things themselves. If the lorry drivers do strike they need to give a week's notice, so what's the point in filling up your car now, unless you plan on not driving for a week!!!

So anyway I drive home, and make it with 5 miles left on my fuel counter, and have to queue at my local station. By the time I get in it's 12:30 in the afternoon and I get into bed at 13:00, very tired!! I was planning on getting up at 15:00 -16:00 and going out with the dog for a bit of light exercise (walking) but was too tired and didn't wake up until my wife and kids came home at 18:30. Not much of a worry as it was my day off from training anyway.

I had a protein shake when I woke, with the usual 300ml of milk, banana, peanut butter and added a teaspoon of coffee granules as my protein powder is cappuccino anyway. It went down a treat and was just what I needed to wake me up from that groggy feeling you get after only a few hours sleep. For dinner my wife treated me to a steak with sweet potato and butternut squash oven baked chips,and cheese covered potato skins. OK the cheese covered baked potato skins are not an ideal choice but when you consider that since 9am that morning all I'd had was a protein shake due to sleep, it's not actually that bad. Off to bed again at 23:00 to sleep and switch my body back over to day time shifts, then up again at 06:00 to train again.

Good night All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment